Determined Admission Arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools for 2015/16
Radleys Primary School Admission Number: 30
The Admission Number is the capacity of the school to admit children at the normal age of entry in to Reception Class in the 2014/15 academic year
We currently deal with admissions to Nursery and Years 1-6. Please contact us for details.
Applications to Reception are dealt with by Walsall Council. More information can be found by clicking this link.
OVER-SUBCRIPTION CRITERIA AT RADLEYS
If there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated using the Over-subscription Criteria in the following order of priority:
- Children in Public Care (looked after children) and previously looked after children.
- Pupils who have an older sibling (see note 1 below) already in attendance at the school, or paired junior school when the application is made and who will be still attending the school at the proposed admission date.
- Pupils for whom a place at the school is essential on medical or social grounds as supported in writing by a medical practitioner or a social worker. (Applications will be subject to verification by the Director of Children's Services).
- Distance between the home address and the school as measured in a straight line with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.
If there is over-subscription in criteria 2 and 3, priority will be given to those living closest to the school as measured in a straight line.
A sibling is a child who resides at the same address as the child for whom a place is being requested and is one of the following:
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents
- A half-brother or half-sister sharing one common parent
- A step-brother or step-sister (i.e. is related by their parent's marriage)
- Any other child for whom it can be demonstrated that he or she is residing permanently at the same address (e.g. under the terms of a residency order)