Welcome to Year 6
Our teacher is Mr Terry and we are supported by Mr Copley and Miss Denning.
Our Topic themes for the following year are as followed:
Autumn term- Revolution (The Victorians)
Spring Term- A Child's War (World War II)
Summer Term- Gallery Rebels and Tomorrow's World
An overview for our topics for the coming year can be found here.
To find out more about what the children will be learning this term please click here!
This term the children will be learning about the topic Revolution; the children will be learning about the Victorians and what it was like to be alive during this time period.
If you would like to see the basic timetable for this term please click here. This will be the general timetable for the year although this is subject to change.
- It is expected that children read at home each night and have this recorded in their reading records.
- Maths and English homework will be sent home each week and will need to be completed by the following week. Information on when it is set and needs to be completed by will be written in the children's diaries.
- An additional piece of homework may be set each week linked to another subject such as: science, history, geography or French and children will be asked to write the hand in date of this homework into their school planners.
- We will be making sure that we are confident with and able to rapidly recall all of our times table facts.
- P.E in Year 6 is on Thursdays and Fridays. The children are expected to bring their kits every week whether it be an indoor or outdoor kit.
- The kit they will need this term is an indoor kit with pumps.
- The children this term will be indoors learning the skills of basketball and hockey.
National Expectations of Year 6
To find out what is expected of children in Year 6 please click here.
You can view the spellings that Year 6 children need to know here.
You can view the vocabulary, grammar and punctuation expectations here.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…