Welcome to Year 3
A place to learn and grow together.
We are supported in class by Mrs Harper, Mrs Fellows and Miss Brandrick.
While school is closed remember teachers and school staff are here for you. In this section you will find resources and ideas that has been set for Y3.
We would like to remind you everyone that you do not need to do every task that are on the overviews. These ideas and resources are there for you and your child to select the activities from that will interest them, and something that they will enjoy.
What matters most to us all at Radleys is that our children are happy and feel safe so please read lots of books, fiction and non-fiction. Make maths fun- count, add up, take away, have multiplication competitions and play games. Please also make sure that you play, talk, sing, dance, make, create and get some fresh air, enjoy the sunshine when we have it.
Keep active, go for a daily walk and try using Joe Wicks fitness sessions. www.thebodycoach.com
We will keep updating you all with more ideas and resources that you can explore. We will try to make work as fun, engaging and interesting as we possibly can but enjoy learning, be creative and make memories! Don't forget to share your memories and work with your teachers. We really want to see what you are up to.
We will use class charts to reward great ideas and work, and we will also put pictures that you send us on our school twitter so your friends can see too.
Take care and keep safe.
Our curriculum themes for the following terms are as follows:
Autumn Term - Tribal Tales
Spring Term - Scrumdiddlyumptious
Summer 1 - The Great Outdoors
Summer 2 - Predator
Home Learning Overviews.
Week commencing 4th May 2020 - Year 3 overview
Home work in Year 3.
- Reading books and red planners need to be in school everyday. Our expectation is that all children read at home, every night, to an adult and that this is recorded using their reading records. If children are reading other texts at home, for example; newspapers, comics, novels, non-fiction etc. then please record these into their reading records too as we would love to see all of the things that children enjoy to read. Children should complete a minimum of two quizzes each week on Accelerated Reader, depending of the length of the text they are reading. This allows us to closely monitor every child's progress.
- It is important for children to practice their times table facts to ensure that they can rapidly recall these facts and to also aid their confidence. Please use Times Table Rockstars for this.
- Spellings will be given out every Friday and should be learnt at home, ready for a spelling test the following week. We will be learning the spelling patterns/rules within class whilst finding out their meanings and attempting to use the words, where appropriate, within our writing. Red planners are used for spelling tests and so need to be in school every Friday. This enables you to see how your child is doing each week.
We have PE every Wednesday afternoon with Sports Plus.
PE kits should be in school at all times and all items of clothing including PE pumps must be clearly labelled with your child's full name.
These can then be taken home on the last day of the half term to be washed. then returned to school ready for the start of the new half term.
Children can bring in water bottles of water or sugar free squash to drink during the day. Please ensure these are taken home at the end of the school day to be washed.
National Curriculum Expectations for Year 3
To find out what is expected of children in Year 3 please click here.
You can view the spellings that Year 3 children need to know here.
You can view the vocabulary, grammar and punctuation expectations here.
We always encourage e-safety. Check out the site below to find out more.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…